Professional Development Award, Supporting Special Care provisions.
Continuing Professional Development
To attain an additional achievement
To learn & develop my knowledge, skills & attitude
To practice more competently when assisting during the treatment of people whose health and social care needs may require special oral care provisions.
Key UK Colleagues and Partners
NHS Ayrshire & Arran, Oral Health Promotion, Social Service, Adult and Child Protection
Sustainable development goals
- SDG 3 - Good health and well-being
- SDG 4 - Quality education
- SDG 5 - Gender equality
- SDG 17 - Partnerships for the goals
NHS Ayshire and Arran
Self interest, personal need for more education with my current patient group ( additional needs).
Evidence of need
Application through team leader at 1 to 1 meeting.
Service Improvement and Personal development.
Attended course run by NES at post graduate centre, Glasgow.
Selecting case studies to develop portfolio work and reflect on both clinically and learning.
Essay writing for portfolio.
Researching topic matter.
Peer review on progress.
To assist and treat each patient as an individual, be competent, use good communication, follow best practice and use any reasonable adjustments required within my everyday practice to provide oral health care provisions for patients no matter what their additional needs are. Treating them with respect and dignity. Adhering to NHS protocols and procedures.
• Use my learned knowledge, skills and attitude
• Good communication
• Disability awareness
• Personal behaviours and attitude re healthcare problems
• Understand complex medical conditions
• Understand reasonable adjustments
• Oral health care
• Oral and general health promotion
• Methods of pain management and anxiety
• Understanding of policies, acts and procedures
• To provide the best quality of dental health care that is possible for an individual’s specific needs.