Everyone can be an ‘Active Global Citizen’ by developing an awareness and knowledge of the connections between our day to day decisions at home and the potential impact these may have on people who live locally and on people who live further afield. This awareness enables us, to do what we can to promote social and environmental justice.
Other ways to contribute from home include
- offering your time and expertise to help or mentor colleagues at home who are involved in global health work, or overseas (if you dont have links overseas, the Unit can inform the Network of your availability and skills)
- map your past project or experience on our Partnership Map, this makes the Network aware of your experience in a given field or country, which can be really helpful for those planning projects, who can seek advice
- contributing to partnerships run by colleagues from the diaspora
- follow us on twitter and disseminate interesting opportunities to your network
- browse the Partnership Map and contact the team to offer your support e.g. fundraising or writing proposals
- tell us how you help from home, so that we can feature it as a case study to inspire others (it can be anonomyous!)